Food Microbiology: improve the management of wine, dairy, and bakery fermentations; enology: selection of wine yeast autochthonous.
She is focused on the correlation between yeast strains evolution and the wines peculiarity, with a particular attention to the contribution of yeast biodiversity to the preservation of typical regional products.
Application of yeast strains to produce the biofuel from waste products.
Evaluation of shelf-life, quality and safety of new foods.
Application of pro-technological microorganisms to improve safety, quality, shelf-life and technology of foods.
Selection, characterization and application of probiotic bacteria for the development of functional foods and innovation of traditional foods.
- R. Coppola, M. Nanni, M. Iorizzo, A. Sorrentino, E. Sorrentino, and L. Grazia. Survey of lactic acid bacteria isolated during the advanced stages of the ripening of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. J Dairy Res, 64; 305-310 (1997) http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0022029996002038
- R. Coppola, M. Nanni, M. Iorizzo, A. Sorrentino, E. Sorrentino, C. Chiavari, L. Grazia. Microbiological characteristics of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese during the cheesemaking and the first months of the ripening. Lait, 80; 479-490 (2000) http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/lait:2000139
- Mazzeo M.F., Sorrentino A., Gaita M., Cacace G., Di stasio M., Facchiano A., F., Comi G., Malorni A. and Siciliano R.A. Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry for the Discrimination of Food-Borne Microorganisms. Appl Environ Microbiol V.72: 1180-1190 (2006) 10.1128/AEM.72.2.1180-1189.2006
- Schlosser G, Kacer P, Kuzma M, Szilágyi Z, Sorrentino A, Manzo C, Pizzano R, Malorni L, Pocsfalvi G. Coupling immunomagnetic separation on magnetic beads with matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry for detection of staphylococcal enterotoxin B. Appl Environ Microbiol. V. 73(21):6945-52 (2007) 10.1128/AEM.01136-07
- Calabretti, M.G. Volpe, A. Sorrentino, E. Ionata, F. Santomauro, F. La Cara Aglianico and Fiano wines obtained with an autochthonous non-Saccharomyces yeast. Ann Microbiol (2011) 10.1007/s13213-010-0150-0
- Calabretti A., F. La Cara, A. Sorrentino, M. Di Stasio, F. Santomauro, L. Rastrelli, L. Gabrielli, F. Limone, M. G. Volpe. Characterization of volatile fraction of typical Irpinian wines fermented with a new starter yeast. World J Microbiol Biotechnol (2011) 10.1007/s11274-011-0943-8
- Sorrentino A., Boscaino F., Cozzolino R., Volpe M.G., Ionata E., La Cara F. Autochthonous fermentation starters for the production of Aglianico wines. Chem Eng Trans, Vol. 27; 211-216 (2012) http://www.aidic.it/cet/12/27/036.pdf
- M. Aponte, F. Boscaino, A. Sorrentino, R. Coppola, P. Masi, A. Romano. Volatile compounds and bacterial community dynamics of chestnut-flour-based sourdoughs. Food Chemistry141;2394–2404(2013) 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.05.052
- Aponte M., Boscaino F., Sorrentino A., Coppola R., Masi P., Romano A. Effects of Fermentation and Rye flour on microstructure and volatile compounds of chestnut flour based sourdoughs, LWT – Food Sci and Technol (2014), 10.1016/j.lwt.2014.03.022.
- F. Boscaino, A. Sorrentino, E. Ionata, F. La Cara, M.G. Volpe. Evaluation of autochthonous selected yeasts from grapes and cellar in winemaking of Aglianico vine. Bioprospect J. V.24, No. 3; 66-70 (2014)