The Food Program stands out due to its multidisciplinary scientific approach and outstanding continuous contributions to Food Biotechnology. These skills are applied in both basic and industrial researches.
* Food quality and biodiversity;
* Development of: nutraceuticals, fortified, functional and novel food
* Characterization of biological and technological properties of food components and microorganisms, exploitable in the Food and Health sectors
* Innovative processes of food transformation/storage
* New active, smart and sustainable packaging systems
* Valorization of products having a territorial dimension and monitoring of the agro-food chain
Applied methodologies: chemical, biochemical, immunochemical, immunological, microbiological, cellular and molecular biology, micro-technology, sensory analysis; in vitro (bacteria and eukaryotic cells) and in vivo (mouse) models.