Direct: +39 0825 299381
Lab: 039 0825 299210
FAX: +39 0825 781585
Research activity of Rosaria Cozzolino is focused on the analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) by Solid Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME) coupled to GC-MS, to investigate questions of food and clinical interest.
In food flavor analysis, the aim is to develop SPME GC-MS strategies to:
(ii) Analyze volatile/flavor metabolites to obtain their “profile” in food, often followed by multivariate analysis, used for authenticity testing and products classification and comparison mainly,
(iii) Conduct target analysis of compounds that are either restricted, or known as important for quality, processing and storage.
In clinical analysis, the interest is to study the VOCs profiles by SPME GC-MS obtained from biological fluids samples (i. e. urine), in order to evaluate the potential of the volatile metabolites in the diagnosing and treating of different diseases (autism, diabetes, obesity).
1) Rosaria Cozzolino, Antonella Martignetti, Mario Paolo Pellicano, Matteo Stocchero, Maria Cefola, Bernardo Pace, Beatrice De Giulio (2016) Characterisation of volatile profile and sensory analysis of fresh-cut ‘‘Radicchio di Chioggia’’ stored in air or modified atmosphere Food Chemistry 192, 603–611
2) Rosaria Cozzolino, Sadrollah Ramezani, Antonella Martignetti, Angela Mari, Sonia Piacente and Beatrice De Giulio (2015) Determination of volatile organic compounds in the dried leaves of Salvia species by solid-phase microextraction coupled to gas chromatography mass spectrometry Natural Product Research, DOI: 10.1080/14786419.2015.1076817
3) R Cozzolino, L De Magistris, P Saggese, M Stocchero, A Martignetti, M Di Stasio, A Malorni, R Marotta, F Boscaino, L Malorni (2014) Use of solid-phase microextraction coupled to gas chromatography–mass spectrometry for determination of urinary volatile organic compounds in autistic children compared with healthy controls. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 406, 4649 PMID: 24828982
4) M. Rocco, L. Malorni, R. Cozzolino, G. Palmieri, C. Rozzo, A. Manca, A. Parente, A. Chambery (2011) Proteomic Profiling of Human Melanoma Metastatic Cell Line Secretomes. J. Proteome Res. 10, 4703 PMID: 21815687
5) R. Cozzolino, P. Malvagna, E. Spina, A. Giori, N. Fuzzati, A. Anelli, D. Garozzo, G. Impallomeni (2006) Structural analysis of the polysaccharides from Echinacea angustifolia radix. Carbohyd. Polym. 65, 263
6) G. Alberghina, R. Cozzolino, S. Fisichella, D. Garozzo, A. Savarino (2005) Proteomics of gluten: mapping of the 1Bx7 glutenin subunit in Chinese Spring cultivar by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 19, 2069 PMID: 15988718
7) R. Cozzolino, S. Passalacqua, S. Salemi, D. Garozzo (2002) Identification of adulteration in water buffalo mozzarella and in ewe cheese by using whey proteins as biomarkers and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation mass spectrometry. J. Mass Spectrom. 37, 985 PMID: 12271441
8) R. Cozzolino, S. Passalacqua, S. Salemi, P. Malvagna, E. Spina, D. Garozzo (2001) Identification of adulteration in milk by MALDI-TOF MS. J. Mass Spectrom. 36, 1031 PMID: 11599081
9) R. Cozzolino, S. Di Giorgi, S. Fisichella, D. Garozzo, D. Lafiandra, A. Palermo (2001) Proteomics of gluten: mapping of subunit 1Ax2* in Cheyenne cultivar by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 15, 1129 PMID: 11445893
10) R. Cozzolino, S. Di Giorgi, S. Fisichella, D. Garozzo, D. Lafiandra, A. Palermo (2001) Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometric peptide mapping of high molecular weight glutenin subunits 1Bx7 and 1Dy10 in Cheyenne cultivar. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 15, 778 PMID: 11344538
Proteomic and Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Center